Saturday, 21 July 2012
ALTERNATE HEEL TOUCH CRUNCHES FOR ROCK-HARD ABS
ALTERNATE HEEL TOUCH
PRIMARY TARGET : ABS MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : NIL
1. Lie down flat on the ground in such a manner that your back and hips are acting as a base and touching the ground.
2. Now, bend your knees approximately at 90 degree angle.
3. In this starting position, place your hands extended along your torso.
4. Now, contract your belly by pulling your belly button towards your spine and touch your right hand to the right heel, as you exhale.
5. Pause for a second in this position and Feel the stretching in your abdominal muscles.
6. Come back to the starting position, as you inhale and now, touch your left hand to the left heel, while crunching your abdomen, as you exhale.
7. As the procedure mentioned above, do the recommended number of repetitions every time with alternate hand side.
Ø Make sure that legs remain stationary, during the exercise.
Ø Try to avoid/minimize the use of body momentum.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.