Sunday, 15 July 2012
DECLINE OBLIQUE CRUNCHES FOR 6 PACK ABS
DECLINE OBLIQUE CRUNCH
PRIMARY TARGET : ABS MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : NIL
1. Lie down on the decline bench, while securing your legs in the arrangement provided in the decline bench.
2. Now,you are positioned in such a manner that your back and hips are acting as a base against the bench.
3. In this starting position, place your hands behind your head as shown above.
4. Slowly, raise your upper body from the bench in such a manner that your right elbow touches your left knee (and vice-versa for alternate hand side) while following an oblique arc and contract your belly by pulling your belly button towards your spine, during the whole motion, as you exhale.
5. Pause for a second in this position and Feel the stretching in your abdominal muscles.
6. Slowly lower down your torso back to the starting position, as you inhale.
7. Repeat as many times as recommended.
Ø During the exercise, keep your neck straight in a proper alignment.
Ø During the exercise, keep your back flat against the floor.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø For the sake of variation, you can do this exercise with weights, exercise ball or on a flat bench.
Ø This exercise can also be done, by following the same oblique for right hand side (for recommended number of repetitions) and then for left hand side.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.