Monday, 2 July 2012
DECLINED PUSH-UPS FOR CHEST
DECLINED PUSH UPS
PRIMARY TARGET: CHEST
OTHER MUSCLES : SHOULDERS,TRICEPS
1. Kneel on floor with bench or elevation behind body.
2. Keep your feet together on the elevation bench and palms are on the floor, at shoulder width apart.
3. Now, pull your torso up by using the strength of your arms and front face of your feet/legs.(as shown above)
4. Slowly, lower your torso downward until your chest almost touches the floor as you inhale.
5. Feel the stretching in your shoulder and chest muscles and Pause for a second in this position.
6. Pull-up your upper body back to the starting position, as you exhales.
7. Repeat as many times as recommended.
Ø Don’t rest your torso on the floor during reps.
Ø To make this work out more effective for different muscles of chest, just decrease/increase the distance between your hands or decrease/increase elevation of the bench.
Ø Changing the distance, help you to target different chest muscles, a little differently with every single centimeter variation.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø Keep your body straight like a plank during the exercise.
Ø For the sake of variation, you can do this exercise in flat and inclined (with or without load on back) manner of your torso.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.