Sunday, 1 July 2012
DECLINED BENCH PRESS(DUMBELL) FOR CHEST
DUMBELL DECLINED BENCH PRESS
PRIMARY TARGET: CHEST(MAJOR PEC)
OTHER MUSCLES : SHOULDERS ,TRICEPS
1. Sit down on an decline bench and hook up your feet under leg brace with dumbbell on each hand,resting on your thighs and palms are facing each other.
2. Raise the dumbells up, just on the lower chest and lie back on the declined bench.
3. During the above movement rotate your wrists forward, so that the palms of your hands are facing away from you.
4. In this starting position, using maximum strength from your chest muscles, push the dumbells up your shoulders level as you exhale.
5. Now, your arms must be fully extended and locked.
6. Pause for a second in this position and feel the contraction in your chest muscles.
7. Now, slowly lower the dumbells down to the lower chest, while inhaling.
8. Repeat as many times as recommended.
Ø If dumbells are very heavy, must ensure a spotter person behind you(to avoid any accident).
Ø Motion, while lowering down the dumbells should be slow as compare to upward.
Ø To make this work out more effective for different muscles of chest, adjust different declination angles of the decline bench.
Ø Changing the declined bench angle helps you to hit the different muscles of chest a little differently with every single degree change.
Ø This exercise can also be performed with barbell and exercise bands.
Ø Don't try to increase the pace which may lead to bounce the dumbells on your chest.
Ø Make a full control on the dumbells during the whole exercise.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.