Sunday, 15 July 2012
DECLINE BENCH CRUNCHES FOR STRONG ABS
PRIMARY TARGET : ABS MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : NIL
1. Lie down on a decline bench, while securing your legs in the arrangement provided in the decline bench.
2. Now, you are positioned in such a manner that your back and hips are acting as a base against the bench.
3. In this starting position, place your hands behind your head.
4. Slowly, raise your upper body from the ground in such a manner that Your shoulder blades should raise up off the bench only about 3-4 inches, and your lower back should remain on the bench.
5. During the above step, contract your belly by pulling your belly button towards your spine, as you exhale.
6. Pause for a second in this position and Feel the stretching in your abdominal muscles.
7. Slowly lower down your torso back to the starting position, as you inhale.
8. Repeat as many times as recommended.
Ø During the exercise, keep your neck straight in a proper alignment.
Ø During the exercise, keep your back flat against the Decline bench.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø For the sake of variation, you can do this exercise with weights, exercise ball or on a flat bench.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.