Sunday, 15 July 2012
FLAT OBLIQUE CRUNCHES FOR ROCK HARD ABS
FLAT OBLIQUE CRUNCH
PRIMARY TARGET : ABS MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : NIL
1. Lie down flat on the ground in such a manner that your back and hips are acting as a base and touching the ground.
2. Now, bend your knees at 90 degree angle.
3. In this starting position, place your right hand behind your head and left hand on your abdomen as shown above.
4. Slowly, raise your upper body from the ground in such a manner that your right elbow touches your left knee while following an oblique arc and contract your belly by pulling your belly button towards your spine, during the whole motion, as you exhale.
5. Pause for a second in this position and Feel the stretching in your abdominal muscles.
6. Slowly lower down your torso back to the starting position, as you inhale.
7. Repeat as many times as recommended and then, proceed for your left side.
Ø During the exercise, keep your neck straight in a proper alignment.
Ø During the exercise, keep your back flat against the floor.
Ø Place your feet on a bench, if you have any back problem.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø For the sake of variation, you can do this exercise with weights, exercise ball or on a decline bench.
Ø This exercise can also be done, by following the alternate oblique in each repetition.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.