Friday, 20 July 2012
SIDE BEND ( BARBELL) FOR ROCK-HARD ABS
BARBELL SIDE BEND
PRIMARY TARGET : ABS MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : LOWER BACK
1. Stand up straight and pick a weight loaded barbell (with tight lockers at the ends so that weight plates remain stationary) from the rack and placed it on the back of your shoulders.
2. In the above position, maintain a shoulder width gap between your feet.
3. In this starting position, stand firmly with your back straight and now twist/bend (only from your waist) to the left as deep as you can do, while inhaling.
4. Pause for a second in this position and Feel the stretching in your abdominal muscles.
5. While exhaling, slowly come back to the starting position.
6. Now twist/bend your waist in the right hand side, as you inhale.
7. Repeat as many times as recommended.
Ø Don’t overload the barbell and concentrate primarily on your abdomen.
Ø During the exercise, keep your neck and torso, straight in a proper alignment.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø For the sake of variation, you can do this exercise with dumbells or while seating on a bench.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.