Saturday, 21 July 2012
HANGING-TWISTING CRUNCHES FOR INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL OBLIQUES
PRIMARY TARGET : ABS MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : SHOULDERS
1. Hold the chin-up bar and hang on it, with your hands at shoulder width or little wider than shoulder width apart.
2. Ensure that, even when your whole body is extended to its maximum length, still your feet don’t touch the ground as shown above.
3. Now, while exhaling, slowly role up and raise your legs (firstly, to the left side) as high as you can do, while following such an oblique that will twist your torso and engage your internal/external obliques as shown above.
4. During the above motion, imagine as you are trying to touch your left shoulder blade with right knee and vice-versa.
5. Try to Pause yourself for a second in this position and Feel the stretching in your abdominal muscles.
6. Come back to the starting position, as you inhale and then repeat the same twisting torso oblique towards the right side.
7. Repeat the same complete motion, as many times as recommended.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø For the sake of variation, you can do this exercise by holding a weight belt on your waist or simply you can do this exercise on a vertical bench, having elbow supporting arrangement.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.