Monday, 2 July 2012
PUSH-UPS (CHAIR WIDTH) FOR CHEST
CHAIR WIDTH PUSH UPS
PRIMARY TARGET : CHEST
OTHER MUSCLES : SHOULDERS,TRICEPS
1. Take a chair or a firm steel frame (as shown above) which is strong enough to hold your body weight.
2. Keep your feet together on the floor and palms are on the steel frame/chair, at shoulder width apart.
3. With your hands on the frame, go as deep towards the floor as you can, while inhaling. This is very effective for your front deltoid.
4. Pause for a second in this position and Feel the stretching in your shoulder and chest muscles.
5. Now, pull your torso up by using the strength of your arms and toes, as you exhale.
6. Repeat as many times as recommended.
Ø To make this work out more effective for different muscles of chest, just decrease/increase the distance between your hands or decrease/increase elevation of the chair.
Ø Changing the distance between your hands, help you to target different chest muscles, a little differently with every single centimeter variation.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø For the sake of variation, you can do this exercise by loading your back.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.