Sunday, 15 July 2012
CROSS BODY CRUNCHES FOR 6-PACK ABS
CROSS BODY CRUNCH
PRIMARY TARGET : ABS MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : NIL
1. Lie down on a ground, in such a manner that your back and hips are acting as a base against the ground.
2. In this starting position, place your hands behind your head and bend your knees in a 60 to 80 degree angle.
3. Simultaneously and slowly, raise your upper body from the ground and bring your right elbow as well as your left knee towards each other (and then, alternatively for left elbow and right knee), while following an oblique arc, as you exhale.
4. Contract your belly by pulling your belly button towards your spine, during the whole exercise.
5. Pause for a second in this position and Feel the stretching in your abdominal muscles.
6. Slowly lower down your torso back to the starting position, as you inhale.
7. Repeat as many times as recommended.
Ø During the exercise, keep your neck straight in a proper alignment.
Ø During the exercise, keep your back flat against the ground.
Ø This exercise can also be done, by following the same oblique for right hand side (for recommended number of repetitions) and then for left hand side.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø For the sake of variation, you can do this exercise with weights, exercise ball or on a decline bench.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.