Saturday, 21 July 2012
FLAT LEG-RAISES FOR ABS WORKOUT
PRIMARY TARGET : ABS MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : NIL
1. Lie down yourself on the ground, in such a manner that your back and hips are acting as a base and touching the ground.
2. In the above position, Place your hands under your glutes with your palms facing down.
3. Now, contract your belly by pulling your belly button towards your spine, in the mean while raise your legs until they are perpendicular to the floor, as you exhale.
4. Pause for a second in this position and Feel the stretching in your abdominal muscles.
5. Slowly, Return back to the starting position, as you inhale.
6. Do the recommended number of repetitions, with the procedure mentioned above.
Ø For the sake of variation, the exercise can also be done by placing a weight plate in between your ankles or using cables/bands.
Ø This exercise can also be performed on a bench, with your legs hanging-off the bench’s edge, which will increase your range of motion.
Ø Make sure that upper body remain stationary, during the exercise.
Ø Try to avoid/minimize the use of momentum of your legs.
Ø Make a full control on your body during the exercise.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.