Friday, 29 June 2012
PUSH UPS FOR SHOULDERS
BODY WEIGHT SHOULDER PRESS
PRIMARY TARGET: SHOULDER MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : BICEPS,TRICEPS
1. First of all find a wall and about a foot away Place both hands on the floor with shoulder width apart.
2. Put your legs on that wall so that your feet are touching the wall and palms are resting on the floor.
3. In this starting position your whole body is inverted and extended straight.
4. Now lower down and press yourself against the floor as much as possible, with the help of your arms strength, while exhaling-out.
5. Pause for a second in this position and feel the contraction in your shoulders.
6. Again pull yourself back to the starting position, while inhaling.
7. Repeat as many times as recommended.
Ø The elevation angle i.e. angle between the wall and your whole straight body can be changed between 10 to 20 degrees.
Ø With every single degree change in the elevation angle helps you to hit the different muscle a little differently .
Ø Take the help of supporter, if you are new to this form of shoulder exercise.
Ø For best and fast results, try to look at the wall while doing the whole exercise.
Ø This exercise can also be done by using weight plate tied on your back.
Ø Keep your whole body as straight as possible during the whole exercise.