Thursday, 28 June 2012
SINGLE ARM LATERAL RAISE FOR SHOULDERS
SINGLE ARM LATERAL RAISE
PRIMARY TARGET: SHOULDER MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : CHEST
1. Pick dumbell by one hand and hold it firmly.
2. Keep your back straight.
3. Position dumbell in side of thigh of same hand and keep your elbow slightly bent.
4. Raise dumbbell with one hand.
5. While exhaling Raise the dumbell to the Height just above horizontal i.e. the height of your shoulder.
6. Pause for a second in this position and feel the contraction in the shoulder.
7. Slowly come down back to the starting position as you inhale.
8. Repeat as many times as recommended.
Ø This exercise can be done either in sitting position or standing position.
Ø Elbows are kept slightly bent (10° to 30° angle) throughout movement.
Ø Pace, while doing alternative up-down movements must be slow or medium.
Ø Keep your abs contracted throughout the movement.
Ø Lead with the elbow rather than the hand or wrist.