Thursday, 28 June 2012
LATERAL RAISE FOR SHOULDERS
LATERAL DELTOID RAISE
PRIMARY TARGET: SHOULDER MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : CHEST
1. Pick dumbells in both hands and keep your back straight.
2. Hold dumbells in both hands firmly.
3. Position dumbells in side of thighs with elbows straight or slightly bent.
4. Raise dumbbells with both hands.
5. While exhaling Raise the dumbells to the Height just above horizontal i.e. the height of your shoulders.
6. Pause for a second in this position and slowly come down back to the starting position as you inhale.
7. Repeat as many times as recommended .
Ø This exercise can be done either in sitting position or standing position.
Ø Elbows are kept slightly bent (10° to 30° angle) throughout movement.
Ø Pace, while doing exercise must be slow or medium.
Ø Keep your abs contracted throughout the movement.
Ø Lead with the elbows rather than the hands or wrists.