Friday, 29 June 2012
FRONT RAISE FOR SHOULDERS WITH WEIGHT PLATE
FRONT RAISE WITH PLATE
PRIMARY TARGET: SHOULDER MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES :
1. Grasp a weight plate with both hands firmly and keep your back straight.
2. Hold the plate in front of thighs
3. Both hands positioned at the 3 and 9 o'clock.
4. Keep arms slightly flexed, your palms are facing each other and let elbows point to sides.
5. Slowly raise the plate as you exhale until it is a little above shoulder level.
6. Pause for a second in this position and feel the contraction in the shoulder.
7. Lower the plate back down slowly to the starting position, while inhaling.
8. Repeat as many times as recommended .
Ø Lift as much weight as you can do with smooth form. As too much weight leads to a bad form.
Ø This exercise can also be done by using dumbbells, barbells, cables or exercise bands to perform this movement.
Ø Your arms must remain in the same position throughout the exercise.
Ø While doing this exercise don’t swing the plate or bend at the elbows.
Ø Your torso should remain stationary throughout the exercise.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.