Thursday, 28 June 2012
SHOULDERS UPRIGHT ROW WITH BARBELL
BARBELL UPRIGHT ROW
PRIMARY TARGET: SHOULDER MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : TRAPEZIUS,BICEPS
1. Hold a bar with shoulder width or slightly narrower overhand grip and hold it firmly.
2. The bar should be rested on the front side of your thighs with the palm of your hands facing your thighs.
3. Pull bar to neck until the bar is nearly in line with your chin, with elbows leading, while exhaling out.
4. The bar should be close to the body as you move it up.
5. Allow wrists to flex as bar rises.
6. Pause for a second in this position and feel the contraction in the shoulders.
7. Lower the bar back down slowly to the starting position. As you inhale.
8. Repeat as many times as recommended .
Ø Lift as much weight as you can do with smooth form. As too much weight leads to a bad form.
Ø This exercise can also be performed using an e-z bar, cables and exercise band.
Ø Be careful ,while doing this exercise, as the barbell upright row is one among the big reasons for shoulders and back injuries.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.
Ø Your elbows should drive the motion. While doing this exercise.
Ø Your elbow must always be higher than your forearm.