Thursday, 28 June 2012
SHOULDERS UPRIGHT ROW WITH DUMBELLS
DUMBELLS UPRIGHT ROW
PRIMARY TARGET: SHOULDER MUSCLES
OTHER MUSCLES : TRAPEZIUS,BICEPS
1. Hold the dumbells in both the hands and hold them firmly.
2. The dumbells should be rested on the front side of your thighs with the palm of your hands facing your thighs.
3. Pull the dumbells to your neck until they are nearly in line with your chin, with elbows leading, while exhaling out.
4. The dumbells should be closed to the body as you move them up.
5. Allow wrists to flex as dumbells rises.
6. Pause for a second in this position and feel the contraction in the shoulder.
7. Lower the dumbells back down slowly to the starting position, while inhaling.
8. Repeat as many times as recommended .
Ø Lift as much weight as you can do with smooth form. As too much weight leads to a bad form.
Ø This exercise can also be performed with single-alternate dumbbell raises or using an e-z bar, cables and exercise band.
Ø Be careful ,while doing this exercise, as the upright row is one among the big reasons for shoulders and back injuries.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.
Ø Your elbows should drive the motion. While doing this exercise.
Ø Your elbow must always be higher than your forearm.