Saturday, 30 June 2012
FLAT BENCH PRESS (BAR) FOR CHEST
BARBELL FLAT BENCH PRESS
PRIMARY TARGET: CHEST(MAJOR PEC)
OTHER MUSCLES : SHOULDERS ,TRICEPS
1. Lie down on a flat bench.
2. Lift the bar from the rack and hold it straight over you with your arms perpendicular to the bench surface.
3. In this position your arms must be fully extended and locked.
4. In this starting position, slowly Lower the barbell down to middle of chest, while inhaling.
5. Pause for a second in this position and feel the contraction in your chest muscles.
6. While using maximum strength from your chest muscles, push the barbell back to the starting position as you exhale.
7. Repeat as many times as recommended.
Ø Before doing this exercise, must ensure a spotter person behind you (to avoid any accident).
Ø Don't try to increase the pace which may lead to bounce the barbell on your chest.
Ø Be careful while picking and placing back the barbell in the rack.
Ø Make a full control on the barbell during the whole exercise.
Ø Motion, while lowering down the barbell should be slow as compare to upward.
Ø Pace, while doing the exercise must be slow or medium.